Recently, I read an article about the similarities between ant colonies and the human brain. Basically, an ant colony, as a whole, learns in the same manner as a single human brain. A single ant may not be smart but a bunch of ants leap-frogging each other in bits of temporary knowledge will complete a task and the path to success is chemically marked or memorized. Our brains work the same way and the number of right and wrong turns we take in trial and error learning is almost identical to an ant colony.
After thinking about this study, I realized that people are becoming more like ants. Every aspect of life is being simplified, monitored, variety-limited and generally dumbed down. Here are a few of many examples:
1) Zero tolerance for this or that is another way of saying don’t think, it just yes, no, black or white. In many aspects of life we are no longer allowed to study a situation and then make a smart or compromised decision.
2) Electronic monetary system is quickly becoming the rule. If you don’t have a credit or ATM card it’s near impossible to function. Cash payment and bartering are almost extinct. This is a government and big bank control issue.
3) Institutional food distribution is limiting our choices. Drive down any major road in any part of the country and it’s like you’re continuously driving around the block where you live. It’s all the same; McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell and so on. Every freeway exit has the same crap.
4) Almost a repeat of 3 above: Institutional product distribution is limiting our choices. Drive down any major road in any part of the country and it’s like you’re continuously driving around the block where you live. It’s all the same; Walmart, Lowes, Kmart and so on. Every freeway exit has the same crap.
5) Repeat again: Industrialized agriculture drives affordability of vegetation-foods to a limited variety of grain crops such as, corn, wheat and soybean. These starchy crops are multi-purpose and generate revenue in many markets (animal feed, people feed, food additives, liquid fuels…). Grain crops are chemically grown with basic macro-elements (npk) and are void of essential micro-nutrients. Even leafy greens or other non-grain vegetation-foods and factory farmed with macro-elements. Limited variety and limited nutritional benefits.
6) Protein foods also lack variety. Fish, beef and other meat variety are industrially raised and fed on cheap nutrient-low grain diets that are unnatural. The end food product for humans is, again, void of essential micro-nutrients.
7) All our religions must be monotheistic. If we don’t believe in one god we are considered weird. We must conform to a one leader authoritarian based belief system. Complex thinking that lacks reverence for authority is forbidden because free thinkers are hard to control.
The majority of us now want and do the same things; smart phones, credit cards, cars, kids and homes with green manicured lawns. We are being groomed for easy control and corporate profit.
We are ants.